- Increases the performance of bearings, connectors, sleeves, and other rotating/sliding components in extreme conditions.
- Eliminates fretting/galling and improves plastic mold performance.
- Stable from +538C to cryogenic temperature, ultra low out-gassing with a precise 0.5 micron film
- Ultra-low coefficient of friction (u=0.030)
- Precision film thickness of 0.5 microns maximum (0.000020 inches)
- Wide functional temperature span – 188C to +538C (up to +1316C in vacuum)
- Near ambient temperature (max 35C) application process
- Friction and wear reduction
- Anti-seize / anti-galling / anti-fretting
- Plastic mold release and flow enhancement
- Co-lubrication enhancement in combination with oils and greases
- Co-deposit with Ni, Cr, Ti and many other coatings
- In place of conventional lubricants in high-vacuum/temperature situations
Quality Inspection Prior To Starting And After Dicronite Coating Process Is Completed: In the event a Customer, as part of their work scope, identifies components to be free from “nicks”, “dings”, and/or “scratches”, especially on components identified as “flight critical” components, and requires a 100% inspection after the application of our precision dry film lubrication coating process to ensure such condition, Dicronite Texas Inspection team will not only perform such an inspection “after” the anti-friction coating process is completed, but also “prior” to the start of the coating process.
If components are received with the presence of “nicks”, “dings”, and/or “scratches”, our quality team notifies a Customer via e-mail with pictures identifying the actual condition of the components identifying the extent and presence of such “nicks”, “dings” and/or “scratches” for their review, giving the Customer the opportunity to determine whether or not it is acceptable to continue to have the components “coated”, or direct Dicronite Texas to return the components to them for possibly re-working the affected components.
Masking is a process where we tape off areas where Dicronite dry lube is not desired, and we use a special masking tape to be applied to the parts by hand